Sunday, September 14, 2008

Blessings


Yesterday, I spent the day just picking up things at the house. it was rainy and gas at $4 again, a good day to "chill". During the process I came across, the blessing basket. That is a basket that you are supposed to write down the blessing of the day, as generally the case, Becky, is the only one to write down her blessings. here is what she wrote:

April 4, 2007, Today I signed my contract with McGregor ISD to teach for 2007-2008 school year.

April 6, 2007, We were blessed today when Chris cut his fingers and had stitches. (did not cut them off).

Undated, We had a safe trip to the Big House(Temple). I was only poked twice --they did well today!!

April 10, 2007, I'm alive and have very few, if any, symptoms from the brain cancer cells that are still in my head.

April 10, 2007, Cory and Andrea arrived safely from Idaho, Nevada, Colorado! Got here at 6:45 AM.

Undated, Andrea's family arrived in Waco safely and unharmed by the bad, tornadic weather.

April 13, 2007, Mindi, Jason and babies came today.

Undated, Cory's and Andrea's Open House was well attended and friends gave many wonderful gifts showing an outpouring of love and support.

I will try to add to that daily: Today's is; I am so happy to be part of Lord's plan, and to have had the blessing of being with Becky for 34 mortal years and through out all eternity.

4 comments:

jmholloway said...

I LOVED this post. It was a little piece of Mom. Thank you for sharing. I know you know how I feel, but sometimes I am just overtaken with ache for her. So, to follow her example of constant optimism I will share a blessing I feel today.

Sept. 14, 2008: A loving father who is always showing his love for me. Who takes the time to listen and offer advice when he has it.

I love you Dad!

Kristi Clinger said...

In honor of my sweet Aunt here is my blessing of the day:
Sept. 15, 2008-Thankful for a husband that has always been able to provide for our family which allows me to be where I want to be. In the home 24/7.
I'm also very grateful for being a visiting teacher today.

Anonymous said...

My blessing for today is my loving children and being able to be their mom. Though they sometimes drive me up the wall...they are Heavenly Father's children and He has trusted me with them. I'm so grateful for them in our family.
-Sadie

Lorraine said...

Hey Bro Gropp, it's awesome to see you here. Lubbock is treating us pretty well. We're at jackandlorraine.blogspot.com
Love,
Lorraine and Jack