Sunday, September 21, 2008

Work ???



Yesterday, like the last 5 years or so I set up and represented Texas State Techinical College at the McGregor Founders Day Celebration. Becky taught at McGregor for the last 16 years and was a fixture at the TSTC booth. I was dreading the day not having her with me greeting all the folks she knew and taught. I dreaded all the expected declarations of sympathy. However I was greeted with a hugs, young ones, old ones, thin ones, some not so thin ones, sweet smelling ones, and some not so. I am sure the fellow in the booth next to me was wondering how to get in on the action. It was for me a sweet and uplifting day . "I not sure about the intended reason for being there was fulfilled." I have decided I like hugs, but being an old bald headed fellow I cannot solicit them, however any offered I will take. I also know that those "hugs" were for Becky. I love my Job!

Blessing for the week, Working with people I love and loving what I do!

2 comments:

jmholloway said...

I am so glad that it went well in McGregor. I totally forgot about that. I too and glad that you like your job. It is evident by your happiness all the time.

My blessing for Sept. 21, 2008: The ability to hear the sweet giggles of my little children(even when it is WAY past bed time).

Steven & Adrienne said...

I'm glad it went well for you. If I was there I would get one of your great big hugs!! It's great that you love your job.

-Adrienne